Employee Assistance Programmes
Stress and Mental Illness is the highest cause of sickness absence with today’s workforce. In addition to the problematic impacts of sickness absence causes, employers also have a duty of care towards an employee’s mental health. EAP’s contribute toward demonstrating that duty of care. As such, EAPs are a fundamental business resource.
Programmes provide 24/7, 365 day access to telephone assistance. They offer employees access to professionally trained counsellors, who can help guide and navigate them through difficult periods in life.
Advice and support is delivered across a wide range of issues and concerns, such as:
- Stress Counselling
- Financial and Debt advice
- Health and Wellbeing information
- Consumer issues
- Family and relationship matters
Comprehensive programmes would also include access to short term focused face-to-face counselling sessions where required, which can include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
In addition to providing assistance to employees, EAP’s also include valuable support for senior management, HR teams and lines managers alike. They include:
- Manager referral capabilities – helping toward duty of care requirements
- Up to date advice on HR issues – support when it’s needed
- Early intervention for stress related absences – reducing absence rates
- Statistical management reports – providing insight into staff morale